"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
- WALT DISNEY
Each month we randomly select a S.W.E.A.T. Camp member to highlight, not only to help you all connect with each other more, but to uplift and inspire. Culture and community are one of the things we pride most about our business. Sure, burpees and barbells are cool, but creating what we have among all of you is who we are!
Keep reading to get to know Paige Lucas a little better. She generally attends the 6am bootcamp class.
1. What do you feel makes S.W.E.A.T. Camp different than other gyms?
S.W.E.A.T Camp is a no pressure, fun loving, hardworking gym! Randi and Bryan make sure that the members are getting a meaningful experience through well thought out routines and getting to know each member on a personal level. No workout is the same as the day before to always keep you on your toes. I always leave happy and sweaty!
2. What is your favorite exercise? What is your LEAST favorite exercise that we do at S.W.E.A.T. Camp, but gets good results?
My favorite exercise has to be anything with lifting weights! I never used to love working out my arms but S.W.E.A.T got me hooked! Still working on loving the pull ups though.
My least favorite exercise must be buck hops or mountain climbers. I fatigue fast during these but it’s a good sore!
3. What keeps you coming in so consistently to S.W.E.A.T. Camp? Why do you do it?
I love the community that S.W.E.A.T has! The workouts are tough but always adapted to every level for inclusivity. There is a constant push to better yourself in and outside of the gym that I really appreciate.
4. What do you feel you’ve most improved upon and what have you learned about yourself since you first started working out at S.W.E.A.T. Camp?
Since my first day at S.W.E.A.T I’ve improved on the amount of weight I can handle. I used to go straight to the 5 to 8 lbs and now I instinctively reach for heavier. Also, I feel that I have become more social and confident in myself because of the S.W.E.A.T community!
5. What advice would you give people who are taking their first S.W.E.A.T. Camp class?
Just come! Don’t worry about not being able to do all the exercises, there are modifications for everything. No judgement ever, just lots of high fives and encouragement to go around! Also, get ready to get very sweaty!